Effective from: August 20th, 2020.
The AML Scanner module contains three services:
- AML check service – Aml Scanner – single verification of persons and companies in the scope of: register of beneficial owners, PEP lists and sanction lists on request,
- Batch Screening AML – mass AML Verification – Mass Verification of People and Companies,
- AML Scanner History – Verification log of AML Screening.
AML check – AML Scanner
- The AML Scanner service verifies:
- a company or organization (with a given tax identification number or EU VAT number) is verified in the Polish Central Register of Economic Activity, in the National Court Register or in the VIES register (VAT Information Exchange System),
- companies registered in the National Court Register are checked on sanctions lists and in the Central Register of Ultimate Beneficiaries (UBO Registry), and the names of people obtained from UBO Registry are verified on sanctions lists and PEP lists,
- companies registered in CEIDG – company names are checked on PEP lists and on sanctions lists.
- a person (with a given name and surname) is verified on sanctions lists and PEP lists.
- The service is available in the form of a web application on the HyperFlow platform and using the API (Webservice REST JSON).
- The service is only available as a single inquiry.
- When the service status is Active – each entry of a non-empty value in the query form window and pressing the “Run AML Scanner” / enter button or sending a technically correctly formulated request via API (in accordance with API documentation) is called Sending a query, which is immediately answered in in the form of text information (for Web Applications) or a message in JSON format (for requests sent via API).
- Sending a request may result in a positive response (the entity is on sanctions lists and/or PEP lists and needs attention) or negative (the entity is not on sanctions lists and PEP lists) – so it is Safe.
- Immediately after the analysis is performed, a report containing all data collected during the analysis is returned.
- If the credit balance is greater than zero, each time you send a query, the number of available requests decreases by one,
- The exception for point 7 is to have an active time license (fixed-term access). During an active fixed-term access, the balance of available queries does not decrease.
Batch Screening AML – mass AML Verification
- The AML Batch service enables a collective or file query – each time a query is sent, the Balance of requests is reduced by the number of lines sent in the query (entities checked).
- The exception for point 1 is to have an active time license (fixed-term access). During an active fixed-term access, the balance of available queries does not decrease.
- By entering data into the buffer, the analysis is immediately started for the entered data.
- The service enables:
- restarting the analysis for all records in the database,
- resuming the analysis for unverified records in the database.
- The performed analyzes are presented in the form of reports, which allow you to filter records by their status.
AML Scanner History – Verification log
- The Verification log panel contains information on historical queries made with the AML Scanner module.
- This panel includes a search engine that allows you to search for query results by date or query content.
- The verification history allows you to download both individual reports (from the last 100 inquiries) in pdf format as well as collective, monthly reports in pdf and csv format.
- Verification history is available when the AML Scanner module has the status “Active”.
- The AML Scanner module supports:
- GUS, VAT, VIES, UBO registers,
- PEP lists,
- OFAC SDN and Consolidated,
- United Nations Consolidated Sanctions List ,
- European Commission Sanctions List.
- The service provider provides updating sanctions lists and PEP lists at no additional charge.
- If there is no technical possibility to download the current version of the lists from the source, the module operates based on the most current (last known) lists available.
- The service is licensed as query packages and billed according to the number of queries carried out as part of the available Balance of queries or licensed with unlimited access for a specified period *.
- The service becomes inactive when the number of requests (credit balance) on a given Customer Account is 0 (zero) and when the period of access has expired.
- The service provider does not provide the entire sanctions/PEP lists (copies to be downloaded) as part of providing this service.
- The maximum frequency of sending queries is 5 queries per second.
- If the queries are executed more frequently, the service may respond with the error code: “Server busy”.
- If you send a request terminated by a Server busy or Server timeout error – the balance of available queries is not reduced.
- The Service Provider is not responsible for the lack of access to the Central Statistical Office, VAT or VIES registers, especially in cases where:
- servers providing the service operated by NTA do not respond,
- National Tax Administration will not provide a flat file on a given day,
- VIES servers are not responding,
- servers providing the service run by the CSO do not respond.
- The service provider is also not responsible for the quality of data provided by the Central Register of Ultimate Beneficiaries and for unavailability caused by the failure of the UBO Registry IT systems.
* – fixed-term access without requests limit – if there are more than 20,000 queries per month, service will be still active, but for ensure quality of services, the waiting time for response may be extended to 30 seconds.